Urban Sketchers Cebu is a local network of artists who draw and share the stories of the Queen City of the South, one sketch at a time. Sketch and Enjoy!!
Welcome to Urban Sketchers Cebu!
Urban Sketchers Cebu was initially founded in 2013 by Pocholo Issa Estremos, a Cebuano Architect and member of USkSg since 2011. Back in 2013, with his design company relocating from Singapore to Cebu, Pocholo briefly stayed and worked in Cebu which gave him the opportunity to gather his friends and officemates to join him for weekend sketchwalks around the city.
His aim was simple – inculcate and nurture the love of urban sketching. It was a hit and miss endeavor as the group was loosely organized and was not able to sustain much of their planned activities.
Four years later. 2017 Pocholo asked the help of his friend, Aliver Escaño, another avid urban sketcher and Cebuano Architect, to reorganize and lead the group. Learning from the lessons of the past with Pocholo as its adviser ( and most often moderator ), the Urban Sketchers Cebu is now being administered by Aliver, Angelo and Raymund, moderated by Rene and Pio, and has been more committed in pursuing and sustaining that which they love doing – Urban sketching.
Enjoy seeing all their works and activities in this page.
Hopefully, you may be inspired to pick up your pen, paper, and coloring materials and do some sketching yourselves.
Geographically, Cebu is an island province of the Philippines located in the heart of the Central Visayas region, and consisting of the main island itself and 167 surrounding islands and islets. Its capital is Cebu City, the oldest city and first capital of the Philippines.The group aims to show the world our cities, towns and travels, one sketch at a time.
URBAN SKETCHERS MANIFESTO
• We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
• Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
• Our drawings are a record of time and place.
• We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
• We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
• We support each other and draw together.
• We share our drawings online.
• We show the world, one drawing at a time
Before sharing your drawings in the pool, make sure they meet these basic criteria and they are done in the spirit of the Urban Sketchers Manifesto:
• You did the drawing on location, not from photos or memory.
• You have written the location of the sketch (town and state/country) in the headline or caption.
• Studio still lifes, posed models, and drawings from imagination do not meet the guidelines or the spirit of the Urban Sketchers Manifesto.
• We also encourage members to write descriptions and stories associated with each sketch.
Images that do not meet these guidelines will be removed.
Tag your observational, unposed, on-location sketces; #usk #urbansketch #urbansketcher #uskcebu
For more information, questions and clarifications do not hesitate to contact our administrators
Aliver Escaño – Co-Founder & Administrator
Angelo Francis Dakay – Founding member & Administrator
Raymund James Dakay – Founding member & Administrator
Pocholo Issa Estremos – Founder/Adviser/Moderator
Pio Zafra – Adviser/Moderator
Rene Enriquez – Adviser/Moderator